eLMS-PN v2, LMSbot v4 & CDBSbot v4 release / fcc.today software update / eLMS v2 partial release
eLMS-PN v2 release
eLMS-PN makes an hourly query to the FCC Electronic Documents (EDOCS) system to obtain the LMS Broadcast Applications public notice to determine which applications are accepted for filing and then updates various eLMS tables to indicate the status change.
- Rewrote the source code to PHP in manner that is consistent with the eLMS v2/LMSbot v4 environment.
- Various aspects of eLMS-PN that were once hardcoded are now table driven including determination of federal holidays, application status codes, application type codes and application service codes.
LMSbot v4 release
LMSbot is the system that is called once every 10 to 20 minutes throughout the day to obtain a current list of applications, checks to see if the application has already been processed by eLMS and then for those that are not, dispatches the application to the eLMS application parser to gather all of the application details. For applications that are not supported by eLMS application parsing (mainly now TV engineering applications), write the basic application information into the eLMS application list tables. Writes application information to the eLMS "bot" tables to drive the display of applications on fcc.today.
- Rewrote the source code to PHP in manner that is consistent with the eLMS v2 environment.
- Improved the interface to the FCC LMS JavaServer Faces (JSF) generated source code to better read their coding related to page navigation.
- Addressed the issue where LMSbot was not able to properly read the JSF generated code where LMSbot would either ignore the update or only be able to capture only the first 100 applications eligible for review.
- Addressed the issue where LMSbot was reading the same page of results over and over again resulting in missed applications and making unnecessary calls to the LMS Public View server.
- Various aspects of LMSbot that were once hardcoded are now table driven including determination of federal holidays, application status codes, application type codes and service codes.
FCC.today software update
FCC.today is the public website that serves as a dashboard to the activities of the FCC's Media Bureau Audio and Video Divisions by providing information on all recent broadcast applications and actions from the FCC's LMS and CDBS electronic filing systems as well as the display of pleadings and document releases by the FCC covering all bureaus.
FCC.today went through an entire code rewrite for the "behind the scenes" functionality. There are some very minor differences in the public presentation.
- On actions, The "Previous Objections" indicator will no longer appear on pleadings that were filed in CDBS.
- We fixed some issues with links to applications going to 500 errors.
- Links to TV applications now point to their HTML version instead of their PDF version.
- We have changed FCC.today back to its former functionality where only actions from the same business day will display. This was previously changed due to some incidents where the FCC was granting applications on Saturday and giving them Friday status dates.
- For those who prefer the way that FCC.today's previous functionality where it shows actions from the previous business day, you can click on "Classic Mode" and the system will function the previous way. On weekends and federal holidays, Regular Mode and Classic Mode both display the same information.
- We have also restored the news aggregator to display recent releases from the FCC at the top of the page. We were having operational issues with the aggregator due to outside interference. We may discontinue this again if the problem persists.
eLMS v2.0 partial release
We have launched eLMS v2 into production on certain application types that were not supported in eLMS v1.